Nurnberg
3 mile long walled medieval Old Town: Kaiserburg (Imperial Castle) 1050-1571 all Holy Roman Emperors spend some time here; Golden Age 15C-16C with Rennaisance man Albrecht Durer (1471-1528); Holy Ghost Hospital spanning river (1300s); Market Place (Hauptmarkt) largest Christmas Market; St. Lawrence Church completed 1360 was once Catholic; "Most German of German Cities" and site of Hitler's Nazi party rallies and later Nurnberg Trials....We enjoyed our few hours in Nuremberg this afternoon. It is about 30 miles from Ansbach and a pleasant drive through the countryside. I can't say I loved the traffic in Nuremberg, and it sure seems a hugely bigger place than we have been used to for the last two weeks. We visited the Porsche dealership there and got a new bracket for the front of the car since the license plates are long and narrrow instead of the usual US plates. Before we left for Nuremberg we spent some time at the new house signing papers and checking out the place we will be in Sachsen (three miles from the Army base and clinic)etc\

2 Comments:
enjoying your posts and even the Porsche stuff (BMW ueuber alles)- have you been ro the 'Ring yet?
What a history lesson! But better than being in a classroom! And to THINK that when I came back to the states they made me take Geography in summer school because I was lacking credit in it!They had no clue!!! :(
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home