Wednesday, July 14, 2010

AGES & STAGES:)




Many friends have commented that we are like newly weds setting up house again:) I do think this move has been good for us...with raising daughters, ages and stages, we had our "roles": I did the garden, Dale did the cars; I kept the pictures and made travel plans while Dale kept his many organizations on track:) Now we seem to be working together more. I helped Dale wash the cars for the first time in over 30 years, he is contributing to the blog and trip plans and we both worked on the IKEA flatbox furniture (he still did the most:) as you can see from the office furniture we just put together in the pictures above. We are getting up together and having breakfast before he leaves at 7am for work and so far we eat lunch and dinner together too!! Without family and friends to plan activites with, we are spending much more time with each other and enjoying the changes:) Hope it lasts:)

Things I like about Germany: no stores are open on Sunday and commercialism seems so much more low key that people are out walking etc; drivers do stay to the right on the autobahn much more than in the states; wood shades that roll up or down that cover the house windows to keep out the sun; the church bell rings the quarter hour and really woke the day at 6am this morning; and all the different foods like 70 cent italian type ice cream cones!! Things I don't like about Germany: we're in the country and it often smells like cows but right now the fields are all in crops so I think the poor cows are in the big smelly barns; still no ice in drinks and often the beer is not as cold as we like (asked if they had ice at Burger King and got an ice cream cone:); and, of course, still miss being close to family and friends!!! Hope this finds you and yours doing well, take care, Kay

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Sandy Whalen said...

Starting to look like "home"! Oh my, I had forgotten about the no ice! Ick... don't think I would like that now either. Makes us realize how spoiled we are with the extras we have! Discovering each other all over again can be interesting! Keep the photos and news coming!:) makes me feel like I am there with you! Wish I were!!!!

 
At July 15, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

We are really enjoying your new adventure:-) Rich of course wants to know about which Audi you purchased and how is your experience in the new dental clinic? I am going crazy exploring places to see when we come visit.
Miss you, going to LO tomorrow for Hailey's 2nd birthday. It is so weird to be in LO and not have you there!! Selfishly thrilled you are there so we can come visit

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home