Friday, July 16, 2010

trippin' with the new Audi A4


We have our new car now and it is a shear delight, especially on the German roads..just the right size, the right power and the right ammenities. We used it yesterday to haul boxes that we mailed here from L.O.. With the seats down it can carry a remarkable amount. It also seems to be economical for a little turbo, and I think we can expect 30 mpg on the highway.(of course the speed will have some effect too)It is interesting that the RPMs are lower for the same speed compared to the Porsche with the redline the same. (7,000 for the Audi, 7,200 for the Porsche). I'll figure it out tomorrow on our day trip to the Danube river, about an hour and a half south of here. We are going almost straight south on the autobahn, but will make the return trip on the secondary roads since it is the famous "Romantische Strasse" that runs from the Rothenburg area south to the Danube near ULM. Our house is shaping up day by day...had the computer and phones installed today. TV is yet to come. Looks like everyone uses satellite, but I am not sure of the English stations... Still remains hot here, around 90, but getting a little better lately. We have now been here a month, and only two partial days of rain. Work is getting better now that I have started to figure out the systems the Army uses..I can't get used to accomplishing so little in the amount of time we are given..but it appears to be "the Army way". Next week we are planning a 5 day trip to Switzerland (driving) and plan to visit Davos, Lucern, Interlaken, the Bodensee, and be home Sunday afternoon..I expect our furthest point to be about 5 or 6 hours south of here, so things are really quite close compared to some of the distances "out West" in the US. We miss all of you guys and hope you will visit someday....all for now, Dale and Kay

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Sandy Whalen said...

Cute car! :) all that techi talk...hmmmm.
As long as you are having fun! I loved Switzerland! Enjoy your trip! Hope you will post some pix of your trip. Glad the job is getting better Dale... nothing like learning the ropes all over huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home