Sunday, April 8, 2012

BARCELONA 3/30/12



We had the opportunity to visit Barcelona at the end of March. Coincidentally, there was a dental meeting being held there that I could attend while experiencing one of Europe's premier places to visit. The dental meeting was for the North Atlantic Angle Society Component, so we had a few friends we could see while doing my "duty" as the national president. Barcelona was a lovely contrast of beach and high rise resorts, the old Gothic (Barri Gotic) quarter with the Cathedral separated by the modern, fancy shopping and walking street, La Rambla, from the Ravel area with the Picasso Museum. One photo shows the beach area with our hotel on the left. What a fancy place! The Hotel Arts Barcelona, a Ritz Carlton property, was a 5 star and about as nice as you could find....I don't think I have ever has a $35 gin and tonic etc....the other photo is inside the national Cathedral in the downtown section of town, and finally Kay and I doing what we do best...tapas and beer at a quaint little bistro..but we had Urequel from the Czech Republic instead of a Spanish beer..go figure. Anyway, we really enjoyed the city and the meeting as well. Our final dinner was at the National Museum of Art of Catalunya after a private tour. The gothic building is located on the Parc de Montjuic which also has the Olympic village from the 1990's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home